Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What If

"If you had one hour to tell the world about something, what

would it be?"

This question was recently posed to some of us and it turned out to be a real sticker in my brain.
It wasn't in a bad way, in fact, I appreciated it very much.
Definitely gave me a load to think about.

The first thing that came to my mind, was that I would show people that the people we elect for public office aren't always who they say they are. In fact, in most cases, they are far from the front they present to the general public.
Seeing as how we just had the primary elections and we have upcoming elections in November, this is currently an important issue.

Then I started thinking more and found many other topics that have, at some point or another, been on my mind. And as I thought more about this, I realized that any information I have on any of these subjects is woefully inadequate.

Most of the people I see sitting out on the street or just talking pushing some sort of issue. . .I find a lot of things having to do with animals. While this is a worthy issue, I find myself thinking that perhaps we should focus more on the people than the animals.

Why?
If the people currently in charge of such things (or those backing up what is currently happening) were replaced by someone honest, upfront and supported by the people because they KNEW who they were putting in charge. . . I think things would be much different in all areas of, well, everything.

Part of improving to take care of yourself and the people AND animal/meat industry issues is making sure the right people are in charge to take care of things.
Unfortunately most of the general public is given over to apathy, saying "whatever" to life. Even I find myself doing that at times. It's definitely one of those things that are lees than beneficial.

But I started thinking, why are we so content to let our leaders run us into the ground while we turn our focus elsewhere?
There aren't enough people around who are pushing the really important issues. There's a million and one different groups for this and that but its all a lot of noise with little results. The ones that mostly seem to have results are the ones that are least favorable.

Why do the better issues not get enough support?

Too much talking, not enough listening.
Too many selfish, not enough giving.
Much too much and not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment