Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer?

A new blog bit was warranted for this subject because it has absolutely nothing to do with the previous post.

I recently came across a "flair" (a mini button for to pin upon things) that featured three children jumping into a body of water against the sunset, the word "summer" was at the top.
It was a beautiful picture and in my opinion a perfect representation of "summer" in my mind.

But what is "summer"?
I've seen many invitations to the "first" BBQ, bonfire etc. of summer.
One problem here people; summer starts June twenty-first.

Yes, I believe, that things cannot possibly be any "first" of the virgin summer of 2010, until it actually IS summer.

Is that so bad?

Now before you come to the wrong conclusion and stop reading, this is not a post to bash upon the thrill-seekers of summer.
I am merely stating my opinion of what really constitutes a "first" of summer.

Now on to the next item; what is summer?
Quick answer?
A season that falls after spring and before autumn.

But to each of us it means something different, fun, hot, mosquitoes, sticky, a break from school. . . ya'll get the picture.
It means nothing to me.
I have an idea of what it SHOULD mean but I've never "had a summer" so to me it just happens to be just another weather change.
And now I have forgotten what the point of this particular blog is.

I've been quite distracted of late due to certain situations and tiredness.

I apologize and here I shall end.

No comments:

Post a Comment