Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Laugh; its good for the soul.

I don't remember where I got these from it was so long ago but I think every once in awhile we should laugh and so I give you these:

The average cost of rehabilitating a seal after the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska was $80,000. At a special ceremony, two of the most expensively saved animals were released back into the wild amid cheers and applause from onlookers. A minute later they were both eaten by a killer whale. Bizzare News

While in some countries the penalty for driving while intoxicated can be death (yes, death), in Uruguay intoxication is a legal excuse for having an accident while driving. "Please believe me officer, I really was drunk."

Among the Abipone people of Paraguay, individuals who abstain from alcohol are thought to be "cowardly, degenerate and stupid."

When a female horse and male donkey mate, the offspring is called a mule, but when a male horse and female donkey mate, the offspring is called a hinny.

Julius Caesar wore a laurel wreath to cover the onset of baldness.

and last but not least...

Stupid Quotes

"Please provide the date of your death."
-from an IRS letter

"I was under medication when I made the decision to burn the tapes."
-Richard (Dicky) Nixon

We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
-Lee Iacocca

"The best thing about being a singer is that we get to visit great overseas countries like Canada." - Brittany Spears

No comments:

Post a Comment