Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Respectfully, I do not agree.


I don’t understand what is wrong with some people…
The world doesn’t have one opinion on everything; this I understand.
I don’t expect everyone to have the same opinion on one subject.
What I don’t understand is the people that are jerks about what they think and then at the end of it all expect you to come over to their side and agree with them after demonstrating a complete lack of respect for you and your own views.
Saying “This is Science.” And “If you think (whatever) you’re wrong. You can keep thinking what you think but please, never go to a doctor again, or use your lights, or your microwave.” Is rather rude….
I guess I wish people would just do the whole reasonable discussion thing but I guess everyone gets so wrapped up in what they think that they are unable to do so.
Which is not okay.


Please understand, I respect my professors, they have spent their lives dealing with annoying kids and studying in their area of expertise for years.
I know they know things I don't and yes I may be wrong about some things but being an asshole about people that don't agree with them is not going to win them any points and it most definitely is not going to make me want to even consider changing my position on a subject which has been presented in an extremely biased manner whilst citing only the most ridiculous of opposing views and laughing at those who disagree because clearly they aren't thinking straight.

Might I add that saying "This is science." is not a very convincing argument.
I suppose I'm irritated because the entire class session was spent on this. A whole an hour and twenty minutes of a professor being an arse is not a very pleasant way to start the day.

Either way; now I've told you, now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment