Wednesday, February 17, 2010

In My Mind

So I've always wanted to write poetry.
Yesterday I finally finished reading a book of poems and started on another.
Today the poems came out of my head.
And so I give you; five poems for today.
_______________________________

NIGHT

Night comes
as a friend
Her arms
In loving embrace
Over me
Spread.

Stillness covers
My soul
In a cocoon
I never wish
To end
-----------

DAY

Day is unbearable
Her voice
It is loud
Voices scream
From inside
Of the crowd
Give me
A moment
In which
There is peace
And I
Shall rescind
My previous
Piece.
------------
"Untitled"

I have
Of late
Felt nothing
At all
But slowly
My heart
Has heeded
Your call
This is
Perhaps
Not good
At all
I must
Pull myself
Away from
Your call
----------

Obscurity

Cry in the night
"I wish to be free"
But not one
Will see you
As you wish to be.

Write on your wrist
Carve it in blood
"This is the truth
I am no dud"

The world it is blind
To all things inside
And many a day
You'll wish you had died.
------------


And lastly the edited version of the poem in the post before this.

Words have fled
You're in my head
I cannot chase you
Away

You've killed my thought
And my head is fraught
With unwanted thoughts
Of you

I'd like to erase
The thoughts of your face
But somehow I cannot.

And so I sit
My mind in mist
My heart says
Forget me not.
______________________________
Finis.

No comments:

Post a Comment